Women Scientist's Travel Award
The Women Scientist's Travel Award aims to support outstanding young female scientists by providing scholarship money to attend and speak at the International Conference on Genomics, hosted by BGI every year.
The award provides an opportunity for young women researchers to engage with the most eminent international scientists and scholars and serves as a means to promote research and career development of women in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
What is Offered:
Each successful applicant is offered complimentary registration and travel expenses to ICG-12 and the satellite Women in Science Conference.
Who Can Apply:
All female scientists under 30 years of age are welcome to apply, including graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, lecturers, and first-year professors.
The award winners MUST be able to attend the 3rd Annual Women in Science Conference (October 25).
How to Apply:
Applicants should send the following information to the Secretariat of the ICG Organizing Committee via email (email@example.com) before September 10, 2017. The decision will be announced before September 15, 2017.
2. Scanned copy of passport (for overseas applicant) or identity card (for Chinese applicants)
3. Scanned copy of student ID (for student only)
4. Scanned copy of the highest degree certificate, e.g., diploma
5. Scanned copy of employment/university registration certificate or an company/institution supporting letter (with company stamp for Chinese Applicants)
6. Scanned copies of additional documents to support application information as needed.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed after completion of the ICG-12 conference. The original travel tickets must be sent to the ICG-12 Organizing Team before reimbursement. Only the following types of authentic, legal and valid travel tickets are accepted:
1. Economy-class flight ticket
2. Hard-seat or hard-sleeper railway ticket
3. Second-class high-speed railway ticket
4. Metro ticket of Shenzhen (for Shenzhen applicant only)
5. Bus ticket of Shenzhen (for Shenzhen applicant only)
6. Taxi ticket of Shenzhen (for Shenzhen applicant only)